The Challenge: Reaching the desk-less employees
Norwegian state railway operator VY (former NSB) had a problem to reach all their employees. Together with IMG_Nord they set out to change the way they communicate to all their desk-less employees. The project started out with defining how to work with formats and what type of media to use. A major factor for the success was to move from a news driven method of internal communication to a behavioural driven concept. To be able distribute and reach all non-desk workers they used concentrated on mobile devices. They handed out devices to all the employees and optimised the video and delivery for mobile devices.
The results are striking:
- 12 000 Reduced calls to operations center per month
- 40% Reduction of "stopping errors"
- 54% Diff between weekly vs non-users on leadership comm. effectiveness
- 28% Diff between weekly vs non-users on open comm. culture
- 34% Diff. between weekly vs non-user change comm. effectiveness
- 1m Euro in reduced print cost per year
- 88% average usefulness of content (12 months)
Watch the case video: